Friday, August 1, 2014

Getting Ready for Back to School 2014

I have started back working in my classroom getting it all ready for first grade.  I have so much to do.  Here are some things I have been working on.  

This year I wanted to make a new Birthday Chart that wouldn't take up too much room.  This is what I decided to make. 

Here are the materials. 


This is how my Birthday Chart turned out. 

I love how it turned out.  Each month I will flip the black card. I listed all my kiddos birthdays.

My room's theme is black and white, zebra print, with mustaches. After I cleaned out tons of trash! 



I found I had numerous crates.  I decided to make a shelf with them for my guided reading area.  Since I switched grade levels, I got different classroom furniture.  I am used to having lots of shelves, but first grade doesn't have them.  So, I decided I would make some.  The crates I had were orange, red, and yellow.  That just wasn't going to work in my classroom of black and white. So I knew I needed to paint them.  (I forgot to take a picture at the beginning)


This is how my crate shelf turned out.  I love it.  It is functional and pretty.  Next time I will check out Wal-mart first because their crates were on sale and I would have spent less buying new ones than painting the ones I had. 


I have been trying to figure out how I am going to display my objectives.  This is what I decided to make. I got a big picture frame with clear plastic. Then I used my Silhouette to make the letters. 


I love how it turned out.  I just hope the clear plastic works.               


 Are you needing some new items for a new school year?  I know I do.  My store is having a sale!
                   
Thanks for stopping by!

Have a Wolfelicious Day!!


Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

3 comments:

  1. Cute birthday sign. Love the room theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about "not wanting things to take up too much room."

    Clever and creative! Love it!
    Bloomabilities

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute BD Chart. I love that it doesn't take up much space. Pinned it!
    Bloomabilities

    ReplyDelete