Friday, May 4, 2012

Peanut Man



One of the things I have to teach my students is about George Washington Carver.  This year I wanted to do something a little different that would make our learning more fun.  We started learning about him through two different books. 

  
These books are great to use because they give a lot of information about George.  From the information they learned about him, we came up with what we knew about him.  Then the students had to complete a writing about him from what they had learned.  They also had to write more than one sentence on their writing.  Then I thought it would be fun to make a big peanut and display our writing on it.  So, that is what I created.  A big peanut.  I call him the Peanut Man.  Here are some pictures of my students creating the Peanut Man.











 I love how the Peanut Man turned out.  I gave my students a choice of how to make the mouth.  It is so interesting to see how they made their mouth.  I think the students did a great job.

The Peanut Man could be used when studying plants.  The writing could then be about how a peanut grows.

Come check out the Peanut Man at my shop!




                                                                          

2 comments: