Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tag, You're It

I've been tagged by two lovely ladies!  Ms. Jessica from A Turn To Learn and Jess from Rambling about Reading tagged me.  I haven't ever been tagged before to answer questions so I am very excited.
 
Here Are The Rules:
* Post these rules
* Answer the 10 questions that the tagger posted for you
* Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people that you're about to tag
* Tag 10 people and link them with your post (and let them know they've been tagged!)
 
 
 Questions from Ms. Jessica...

1. What was the best thing that happened in your classroom this week?
One of my kiddos made a lot of progress this week.  He is making me nervous because he seems to be stuck where he is at reading, but this week he made some progress.  
 
2. What is your favorite "kids say the darndest thing" type quote from your classroom?
 
3. What is your favorite subject and/or topic to teach?
This is a tricky one because I really like them all, but I guess if I had to pick one it would be reading.  I love watching the progress all the students make throughout the year.
 
4. When did you first know that you wanted to be a teacher?
 I don't remember the exact age, but I was very little.  Before I was in school.  I remember lining up my stuff animals and trying to teach them.  Those animals were the best students.  Really quiet.  (hehe)
 
5. What is your favorite teacher program that you use either with your kids or to create things?
 I love guided reading.
 
6. What is your favorite book to use as a read aloud?
 I love No David!  Especially at the beginning of the year.  The students just LOVE it too!
 
7. What is your favorite book to read yourself (a teacher book or a book for fun)?
This is another tricky one.  I love all of Nicholas Sparks books so any of them would work.  I also just finished The Hunger Games series.  The Hunger Games was so interesting because I love and hated it at the same time.  Loved how the book made me want to continue reading to see what happened, but hated it for the violence.  Gosh, I really hope that doesn't happen to our nation.  Ewwww.
 
8. What is the best piece of advice anyone has ever given you?
Do what makes you happy. 
 
9. How you do balance blogging with teaching and with family?
 This is hard because it is difficult to balance, but then I remember my lil boy will only be lil once so it is more important right now to enjoy him.
 
10: If you had won that 640 million dollar mega millions jackpot, would you still teach?!
Great question??  I would say no I wouldn't teach because then I could stay home with my son since he cries everyday I drop him off at daycare.  I would be able to enjoy our quality time together.  Maybe once he started school I would go back. 
 
 Questions from Jess...
1. If you could live in any other country what would it be?
 I don't think I would live anywhere else.  I would however move around the US.
 
2. If you could have any animal what would it be? 
A dog that doesn't shed. 
 
3. What is your favorite thing to do on the weekend? 
Hang out with my lil man and work on my blog, and relax!
 
4. What's your favorite day of the week and why?
Saturday, because I usually have nothing to do so I can just relax and play with my son.  
 
5. What is your favorite activity you've done with your students this year? 
We just finished making a movie.  I liked it and the students had a blast making it. 
 
6. How many days do you have until summer? 
31, I think. 
 
7. What are you doing for Easter this weekend?
We are doing a lot of nothing.  We will have Liam hunt Easter eggs and hopefully clean the house.  Any volunteers to come clean for me?  (hehehe) 
 
8. What is your favorite song right now?
 We Are Young by Fun.  I have it as my ringtone.
 
9. What is your favorite nail polish color? 
 Red or at least a shade of red.
 
10. What is your favorite font to use? 
 I love Comic Sans but I am finding more and more fonts that are my favorites.
 
 
 
Here is who I am tagging:
 
 April from Chalk Talk
 
 
Kerri and Lindsay from Teacher Bits and Bobs

Amanda from One Extra Degree

Ms. Simoneaux from First Grade Fresh

Deanna from Mrs. Jump's Class

Linda from A Teacher's Touch

Michelle from Fabulous in First
 




Here are my questions.
 
 1. If you could pick any grade to teach what grade would it be and why?
2.  Where do you live now and if you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
3.  Coke or Pepsi? 
4.  How many children do you have of your own?  If you do have some, how did you come up with their names?
5.  If you could drive any car, what would it be?
6.  What is your favorite TV show?
7.  What is your favorite subject to teach?
8.  What do you think your students would say about you?
9.  Do you inspire to be something else one day besides a teacher?  Maybe a principal?
10.  What was your favorite question that I asked and why was it your favorite?


I hope you enjoy answering these questions like I did!  

Who are you going to tag?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment