Friday, December 30, 2011

Vegetable Chowder

Vegetable Chowder

Today I made a lovely lunch for my son and I (although he is in a phase that he doesn't want to eat anything I make him).  I made Vegetable Chowder.  It is my first time making a chowder.  I am surprised at how easy it was.  I got the recipe from Once a Month Mom (one of my favorite recipe websites), but I did switch a couple things (Items in red). 

Ingredients:

  • .5  cups bell pepper, red, chopped
  • .5 cups onion, chopped
  • .25 cups margarine
  • 1 cups cauliflower, chopped
  • 1 cups carrots, diced  (1 1/2 cups of carrots, chopped)
  • 1 cups broccoli, chopped
  • 3 cups Vegetable Broth (3 cups of chicken broth)
  • .5 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoons parsley, fresh  (1 tablespoon of dried parsley)
  • 3 cups cheddar, shredded (4 cups of mild cheddar cheese, shredded)
  • salt, to taste  (Added a 1/2 teaspoon)
  • pepper, to taste
  • 1.5 cups milk
Chopping the veggies.

Ingredients

Directions from: Kristi @ Onceamonthmom.com

1. Saute pepper and onions in butter until tender. Add remaining veggies, vegetable broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes, or until tender.
Combine flour and milk (I didn't combine the flour and milk before adding it into the pot.). Stir flour/milk into pan. Bring back to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. mix in parsley and cheese.
Sauteing onions and peppers.

Added the rest of the vegetables.

Final Product.  Yum!!     


Very tasty lunch!!!  Thanks Once a Month Mom for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment